Please click here to return to Year 2 Topics
Barossa Valley Archives & Historical Trust Museum is located at 47 Murray Street Tanunda. The building was once the town's postal and telegraph office, and was built in 1865. It has been a folk museum since 1972.

Enter the museum through the shop at the front.
Open daily, 10am - 5pm.
Phone 8563 0507
$2 admission.

The largest group of settlers in the Baross were German Lutherans. The Museum contains a distinctive collection of artifacts that reflect the social, economic and domestic life of these people and their descendants.

The displays in the museum include farming implements hand-made from wood by the earliest settlers; old wagons and carts; household items including historic locally-made pottery, and items of clothing including black wedding dresses from nineteenth-century brides.

Please click here to return to Year 2 Topics